These documents should be sent to Professor Domenico Otranto to arrive by 28th February 2020.
Odile Bain Memorial Prize 2020
The 'Odile Bain Memorial Prize' (OBMP) is awarded annually by Parasites & Vectors in association with Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health, to perpetuate the memory of Odile Bain (28/04/1939 – 16/10/2012).
This award has been established for Odile's outstanding contribution to medical and veterinary parasitology, her actions in encouraging productive collaborations among biologists, veterinarians, physicians, and fundamental and applied parasitologists, worldwide. This award also honours her support to young parasitologists and enthusiasm for parasitology.
Chair: Domenico Otranto
Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health: Fred Beugnet
Parasites & Vectors: Chris Arme and Aneta Kostadinova
Three independent parasitologists
- Have made significant and important contributions to the study of parasites or vectors of medical or veterinary importance, reflecting Odile Bain’s personal research;
- Be 40 years of age or less (on 16th October in the year of the award);
- Have received their PhD within the last five years.
Nominations are to be made by a proposer and a seconder, by sending via email:
1. A statement describing the innovative nature and excellence of the work plus how her/his personal research reflects Odile's research, maximum 400 words
2. A Curriculum Vitae (please include date of birth, education) and a list of the most relevant publications referenced in PubMed (no more than 10) with H-index
3. A summary of the work done during the PhD, year PhD awarded and awarding Institution maximum 400 words
The winner will receive:
- A cash prize of 1500 Euros;
- A waiver of the charges for publication of one article in Parasites & Vectors, which may be claimed at any time within the four years following acceptance of the award;
- The registration fee to attend the meeting where the winner will be awarded the prize.
Past winners of the Odile Bain Memorial Prize
Brecht Devleesschauwer, Belgian Scientific Institute of Public Health, Belgium
Giovanni Benelli, University of Pisa, Italy
Alejandro Cabezas-Cruz, French National Institute for Agricultural Research (INRA), France
Luc Edgar Coffeng, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, Netherlands
Filipe Dantas-Torres, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (Fiocruz), Brazil
Guo-Hua Liu, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, China
Guilherme Verocai, University of Georgia, USA
Abdul Jabbar, University of Melbourne, Australia
Xiaoyun Wang, University of Chicago, USA
Cinzia Cantacessi, University of Cambridge, UK
Stefanie Knopp, Swiss Tropical Health Institute, Switzerland and National History Museum, UK